1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
* I like all natural fiberyarns, mainly wool, silk, seldom cotton. I hate if yarn have more than 35% artificial fiber ( acrylic, nylon, polyamid..)
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
* I have an old fabric case and an box made of brown heavy paper (carboard?), but mainly my needles are holding stiches on UFO's (:D )
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
* I have been knitting on ages.. my first pullover I knit in age of 9, secretly so that my mother didn't know. Maybe my skills are intermediate , littlebit advanced..
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list
* I don't have any list on Amazon, but I hink I create a small list to the side..
5. What's your favorite scent?
* Spicy scents, I can't stand the scent of roses
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
* Not so sweet tooth, but some chocolate and licorice and finnish favourite salmiac ..
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
* I like to dye yarn :D. Maybe some day when my kids are older I'll try to spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
* I love to listen Pet Shop Boys, Swedish bands Kent and Bo Caspers Orcestra, 80's sounds good, and Rammstein.. and many others. Suprice me . I think my computer can play MP3s, and if not.. it has to be changed :)
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
* I love colours, and its easier to say what I do hate, and if its right combination, I can live with the colours I mainly hate. Pastels those I hate, but deep and rich colours, those I love.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
* I like to say that I have 4 pets; husband and two daugters ( 7/4 yrs) and a son ( 2yrs at may).. and all those houling "dustdogs"
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
* I wear hats, mittens and some times ponchos. Scarves rarely..
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
* It variates, today its hat, tomorrow its mittens or scarf.. Can't name my favorite.
13. What are you knitting right now?
* Sets for prematured babies, for charity via Vaaka ry ( goes to hospital in Oulu)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
* Yes, please :)
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
* All needles are fine. Now my favorites are short bamboo needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
* I have my mothers winder and swift to use.. :)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
* Hmm.. I have to make a confession... its older than my marriage :D... so its ancient..
18. What is your favorite holiday?
* I like them all. Xmas time is nice, when I'm doing some volontary work with British tourists.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
* Something else than yarn?? , Yes I collect stamps, and I have had my collection in some Scandinavian shows and I have von silver. My subject is Arctic and life on arctic areas.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
* I'm wishing to get the Knitting over/beyond and on the edge - trilogy to my library sometimes. I buy Simply Knitting,but love to read other pulications too. I don't have any subscriptions now.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
* Now I fancy lace..
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
*Yes, at sometimes. Hmm.. I use european size 38/39, foot is 24 cm long.
23. When is your birthday?
* My birthday is 7th of june.. but the year... lets keep something secret :)
If you have some questions, do ask.. I'll answer as good as I can.
Yours Jaana aka Muoriska